Nearly the entire Toora Loora collection is made with modal — a buttery soft fabric that’s stretchy, durable and breathable. We’re obsessed with it, and we hope you are too. Here are a few reasons why we love it so much:
WHAT IS MODAL?
Modal is a semi-synthetic fabric made from beech tree pulp which is considered a luxurious textile thanks to both its soft feel and high cost. It's lightweight, stretchy, and breathable nature make it a perfect choice for children's apparel.
Our team stands behind modal fabric for its durability and softness. It is also breathable and has incredible four-way stretch, allowing little ones to move freely without being restricted by their clothes. In fact, most of the Toora Loora team members have infants and toddlers at home and understand the importance of quality fabric that’s functional and durable at the same time. A clear win for kids and parents alike.
IS MODAL ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY?
Yes - Modal is considered to be an eco-conscious option for clothing. It is made from spinning reconstituted cellulose from beech trees which require 10 to 20 times less water to grow than cotton, thereby making it an eco-friendly alternative to cotton. More importantly, Toora Loora takes pride in not being a 'fast fashion' brand, and invests in quality fabric and materials that are made to last. This means each item is more durable, washes well, and will last longer — which in turn, reduces waste.
CAN I WASH AND DRY MODAL FABRIC?
Absolutely! No special care needed — all items can be washed in cold or warm water and tumble dried. In fact, modal is a low pilling fabric that resists shrinking and is color fast, which limits discoloration. Please refer to labels for detailed care instructions.
TOP 10 BENEFITS OF MODAL:
1. SOFT. Modal has an unbelievably soft hand, making it ideal for kids clothing.
2. STRETCHY. Modal has incredible four-way stretch, for ease of dressing.
3. STRONG. Due to its tight weave and long fibers, Modal is very durable, making it tough enough for even the most active little ones.
4. BREATHABLE. Modal’s weave is very breathable, for all day comfort.
5. ECO-FRIENDLY. Modal is made from regenerative plants that use 10 to 20 times less water to grow than cotton, and there are fewer chemicals used in the production process versus other types of rayon.
6. DOESN'T PILL. Modal resists pilling for that fresh off the hanger look day after day*.
7. COLOR FAST. Modal does not bleed dye during the laundering process*.
8. DOESN'T SHRINK. Unlike most forms of rayon, modal is much less likely to shrink in the wash*.
9. BIODEGRADABLE. Modal is completely biodegradable.
10. DRAPES BUT DOESN'T CREASE. Similar to rayon and other silk alternatives, modal has a beautiful drape but also resists wrinkles.
But don't take our word for it - with our Free Shipping & Returns policy you can try it for yourself, risk free!
*when care instructions are followed. Please see Care Labels for full details